This school was named after the Pleasant Hill community and its Pleasant Hill School. Pleasant Hill was founded in 1857 about five miles from Leander, off of what is not CR 272. The original Pleasant Hill School shared its building with the community's Presbyterian Church. Over the next 70 years, the Pleasant Hill community gradually faded away, causing the school district to consolidate with Leander ISD in 1928. We are proud to acknowledge the Pleasant Hill community and its devotion to education for its children by carrying on its name in our new Pleasant Hill Elementary.